i’m not entirely sure how many of my followers are aware of the situation in Venezuela right now, but i need everyone to listen up.
"there have been peaceful protests going on for over a week now that quickly turned violent when a student was killed. since then, many more have been killed, injured, jailed, tortured, and abused.
the government is using the national guard in order to violently retaliate against protesters. they are breaking into buildings and going into people’s homes. they are shooting into buildings. they are using tear gas. they are using grenades. they are using firearms.
the protesters are not armed. they continue to peacefully flood the streets (and i do mean flood—they are taking up major highways and streets ALL over the country) in order to continue protesting the regime they are living under. the entire country is at a standstill.
the opposition leader, Leopoldo Lopez, was arrested yesterday and is facing charges for murder, terrorism, and arson. the president, Nicolas Maduro, has also issued out arrest orders for anyone who continues protesting. just like in the united states, the venezuelan constitution outlines the right to assemble as a basic constitutional right. this right, along many others, are not being upheld.
it doesn’t stop there. the government has also started to block all internet connections—people have no access to the internet and therefore cannot continue documenting the atrocities that are currently going on. they are taking down videos that civilians have been posting of the national guard firing at other civilians or brutally attacking them. they are blocking facebook, twitter, instagram, and any other social media accounts that people are using in order to spread the word. the country is facing such scarcity that even the national newspaper cannot report what is occurring as they have no paper to print the newspaper on.
not very many international news outlets are documenting what is happening because they simply have little to no clue about what is going on. some have just started reporting on these events today.
that’s where you all come in.
if you’ve gotten up to this point and still have no idea what i’m talking about, simply type “#SOSVenezuela” or “#PrayForVenezuela” into any search bar (Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr—you name it, it’s going to show up). see for yourself what is happening in the country.
by simply reblogging, retweeting, reposting, liking/sharing someone’s status, you will be helping to spread the word. the more people become aware, the faster we can end this.
the venezuelan people have grown tired of living under such an incompetent and oppressive government and it is time that the international community get involved.
listen, guys. this is very important to me as venezuela is my home country. i, too, have been subject to the oppression of the government and have experienced first-hand what they can do. in the ten years that i have been in the united states, the situation in venezuela has only worsened. thankfully, my family was able to escape, but i still have relatives there and i worry very much for their safety.”
thank you and please reblog<3
(credit to http://queen-maryangel.tumblr.com for the information)
How to tie shoes for running
Wait I need this for my dystonia!!!!
seems like valuable info to pass along
I would have threw out 115$ shoes if I didn’t use the Toe problem one. God bless this post.
I use the heel slipping one and it actually works.
Dear International Editor: Listen and understand. The game changed in Venezuela last night. What had been a slow-motion unravelling that had stretched out over many years went kinetic all of a sudden.
What we have this morning is no longer the Venezuela story you thought you understood.
Throughout last night, panicked people told their stories of state-sponsored paramilitaries on motorcycles roaming middle class neighborhoods, shooting at people and storming into apartment buildings, shooting at anyone who seemed like he might be protesting. People continue to be arrested merely for protesting, and a long established local Human Rights NGO makes an urgent plea for an investigation into widespread reports of torture of detainees.
Venezuela’s domestic media blackout is joined by a parallel international blackout, one born not of censorship but of disinterest and inertia. It’s hard to express the sense of helplessness you get looking through these pages and finding nothing. Venezuela burns; nobody cares.
Let me put this clearly. Y’all need to step it up. The time to discard what you thought you knew about the way things work in Venezuela is now.
Pray for Venezuela too, same horrid stuff of nightmares is happening there… and international media fails to report on that.
Spread the word.
Mass arrests targeting LGBT people are happening across Nigeria. Attacks are going unpunished by police. Nigeria’s LGBT community are asking us not to stay silent. Sign this petition now.
As Westerners deplore Russia’s recent anti-gay bill and continue to push Uganda to not enact draconian new anti-gay legislation, Nigeria last month passed a bill which not only outlaws same sex marriage but also criminalizes “shows of same sex affection” and participation and advocacy or even support for LGBT organization and individuals with up to 14 years in jail. Despite this, where is the outrage? I posted about this new law previously on tumblr, but was largely met with silence compared to other pieces I’ve written. Even a short post that simply required a reblog to stand in solidarity with Nigeria’s LGBT community was met with crickets by the tumblr community.
But why? Esteemed gay Nigerian activist, Bisi Alimi (@bisialimi) who was driven into asylum in the UK by a brutal homophobic physical assault in Nigeria several years ago, explores these questions in a recent opinion piece for beige. He shares a painful conversation he had with a gay Nigerian friend of his, which cuts to the heart of this point:
“Why such a loud silence?”…… He looked at me again, with even more desperation in his eyes. “This silence is killing me, it’s killing my friend, it’s killing LGBT people in Nigeria; why is the world silent on Nigeria?”
We, as LGBT Nigerians, are being hurt, killed and publicly humiliated everyday even moreso now with that this bill has passed but where is the outrage? Why does nobody in the international community seem to care?
Just recently two “allegedly gay” men were dragged out of their houses by a mob in Port Harcourt and forced to masturbate one another and then have anal sex in front of the crowd as they jeered, screamed and berated them. The entire incident was filmed as well by camera phones and shared widely to publicly shame and humiliate the men even more, and a video still from it is above.
In Northern Nigeria, which is under Muslim Shariah law and where homosexuality is punishable by public stoning, dozens of LGBT activists have been arrested since the passage of the bill. When a judge in the city of Bauchi “only” decided to punish a gay man with a whipping in his courtroom (which he’s pictured reenacting above) the crowd outside the courthouse was “disappointed” hoping that the convicted individual be stoned to death instead. When 7 other allegedly gay men were being arraigned in the Bauchi courthouse, a mob outside hailed stones and glass bottles into the court demanding a speedy trial and execution, and some even wanted to set the entire courthouse ablaze with them inside.
And yet despite all of this, all we are met with is silence? Why are our lives as LGBT Nigerians worth less than that of LGBT Russians whom the world is justly speaking out for after draconian anti-gay laws were recently passed there? Why, even more paradoxically, is it seemingly just a random “omission” and not necessarily racial because Uganda’s law and LGBT community has received significant support from the international community?
I understand the potential issues of Western LGBT organizations or even gay Nigerians in diaspora like myself speaking over the voices of gay Nigerians in Nigeria themselves. But we’re not. This petition and call to action which I’m linking here and asking you all to help share is coming from the “Solidarity Alliance” in Nigeria. Here is their message in full via allout.org:
On 14 January, we woke up the shocking news that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of the Federal Republic of Nigeria had assented to the bill passed the National Assembly prescribing 14 years imprisonment for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
Since the signing of this law, many people have been arrested in Nigeria. There were more than a dozen arrested and arraigned in Bauchi. There has been mob violence and the Nigerian LGBT community and straight allies are living in fear.
The government of the country are denying many Nigerians our fundamental human rights and criminalizing our relationships, movement and even sustenance.
What can you do to help? Sign the petition in support of our community, spread the word, and join in our Global Day of Action on 7 March.
This is important and lives really are on the line here, despite the silence from the international community. So please SIGN THE PETITION, share and signal boost this post and spread the word about the GLOBAL DAY OF ACTION IN SOLIDARITY WITH NIGERIA’S LGBT COMMUNITY ON MARCH 7.
SIGNAL BOOST! PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO SIGN THIS!
I save a helpful links so I think “ow,i should made a masterlist”. I only found the link from my bookmarks.
**maybe i renew/add a new link that i found
- writing a bitchy character (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10)
- writing a cocky character (1,2,3,4)
- writing a emotion character (1,2)
- How to play a hippie
- Playing the quiet character.
- Portraying the shopaholic.
- Portraying a mute character.
- Portraying a kleptomaniac.
- How to play the stalker.
- Writing distant, indifferent characters.
- How to write a character who stutters.
- Writing a character who is sassy.
- A guide to playing a southern character.
- Portraying characters with crushes.
- How to portray a teen mom.
- How to play a character who is mean.
- How to portray a character high on cocaine.
- Writing a character who is high on amphetamines.
- Playing an efficient male character.
- Portraying the asshole.
- Playing a character who suffers from shyness.
- How to play a mentally ill/insane character.
- Writing a character who self-harms.
- Writing a happy character.
- Writing a character who suffers from night terrors.
- Writing a character with paranoid personality disorder.
- How to play a victim of rape.
- How to RP a blind character.
- Writing a leader.
- Writing a character with Dissociative Identity Disorder.
- Writing a character with depression.
- Writing a character who is homosexual.
- Writing a character with schizophrenia.
- Playing a fe/male character.
- Writing a character with Nymphomania.
- How to write a worry wart.
- How to write a character with HPD.
- How to write a bad ass character.
- Playing a pansexual.
- Tips on writing a drug addict.
- Tips on writing the pregnant female.
- Writing insane characters.
- Playing a character under the influence of marijuana.
- Portraying a character with diabetes.
- How to play a prankster.
- Playing a character who has been adopted.
- Portraying a vampire.
- Playing a character with an eating disorder.
- Portraying a character who is anti-social.
- Portraying a character who is depressed.
- How to portray someone with dyslexia.
- How to portray a character with bipolar disorder.
- Portraying a character with severe depression.
- How to play a serial killer.
- Writing a tomboy.
- Playing a pyromaniac.
- How to write a mute character.
- How to write a character with an OCD.
- How to play a stoner.
- How to write an asexual character.
- How to play a bitchy/vicious character.
- How to play a character with HPD.
- Playing a pregnant woman.
- Playing the burn-out.
- Writing a “nice” character.
- How to play a gentleman.
- How to play a shy/introvert character.
- How to play a naive character.
- Playing characters with memory loss.
- How to write a character who smokes.
- How to write pirates.
- How to write characters with PTSD.
- How to play a character who isn’t ready for sex.
- How to play the geek.
- Playing the manipulative character.
- Portraying a character with borderline personality disorder.
- Playing a character with Orthorexia Nervosa.
- Writing a character who lost someone important.
- Playing the bullies.
- Portraying the drug dealer.
- Playing a rebellious character.
- How to portray a sociopath.
- How to play a swimmer.
- Portraying a ballerina.
- Playing a promiscuous male.
- Playing a character with cancer.
- How to portray a bubbly character.
- How to portray a power driven character.
- How to portray the shy character.
- Playing a character under the influence of drugs.
- Playing a character who struggles with Bulimia.
- Portraying a hippie.
- Portraying sexually/emotionally abused characters.
- Playing a character with asthma.
- Portraying characters who have secrets.
- Portraying a recovering alcoholic.
- Portraying a sex addict.
- How to play someone creepy.
- Portraying a foreigner.
- Portraying an emotionally detatched character.
- How to play a character with social anxiety.
- Portraying a character who is high.
- How to play a strong, female character.
- Writing a character with a hangover.
- Playing angry characters.
- Playing a character who is smarter than you.
- Playing and writing autistic characters.
- Portraying a trans character.
- How to portray a dominant character.
- Playing a character who is faking a disorder.
- Playing a prisoner.
- Playing the opposite sex.
- Portraying a character who has PTSD.
- Playing a character who stutters.
- Portraying characters with Aspergers Syndrome.
- How to play a depressed character who selfharms.
- Portraying the “dumb” character.
- How to portray a lesbian.
- How to play a blind character.
- How to play a sexual assault victim.
- Writing a compulsive gambler.
- Writing a closeted character.
- Playing a werewolf.
- Writing a character with an addiction to sex.
- Writing a character who is drunk.
- Portraying a character who is British.
- Playing a Brit.
- Portraying a character with amnesia.
- Playing heroes.
- Portraying a witty character.
- How to play an INTJ.
- How to play a vampire.
- How to play a character who is manipulative.
- Portraying the natural born leader.
- Portraying the character who is flirtatious.
- Writing a nice character.
- How to portray a character who has asthma.
- Playing a character with ADHD.
- Writing characters with anxiety.
- A Death Scene
- Loosing Someone (2)
- Old Persons
- Physical Injuries (2, 3)
- Sexual Abuse (2)
- Fight Scenes (2, 3, 4)
- How to Describe the Body Shape of Female Characters
- Character Apperance Help
- Words to Describe Voice
- Body Language Cheat Sheet
- Character Development Exercises
- 101 Character Development Questions
- Art of Character Development
- Introducing Characters
- Characters You Need to Reinvent
- Making Characters Likeable
- Heros and Villains
- Describing Clothing
- Understanding Body Language
- 100 Positive Traits
- Mental Illness in Writing
- Conflicts and Characters
- Ballet Dancer (2)
- California (2, 3)
- England/Britain (2, 3, 4, 5)
- New York
- The South (2)
- Song Lyrics Masterlist
- Songs for Biographies
- Favorite Quotes: TV and Movies
- Favorite Quotes: Notable Authors
- Favorite Quotes: Celebrities
- Favorite Quotes: Popular Books (2)
- Quotes From Songs
- Character Quotes
- Masterlist of Bio Lyrics
- Masterlist of Bio Quotes
- Masterlist of Song Lyrics
- Biography Lyrics
- A Masterlist of Quotes
- +130 Quotes
- Smut Guide: Casual Sex
- Smut Guide: For Beginners
- How to: Write a First Time Sex Scene Romantically
- How to: Smut - The Bare Bones
- How to: Smut (For Virgins)
- How to: Write Lesbian Smut
- How to: Write Smut (2, 3)
- How to: Write a Blowjob/Prepping for Smut
- Smut Guides of Tumblr
- Tips on Writing Sex Scenes
- A Guide to Language in Smut
- Domination and Submission
- Making Love
- A Smut Guide
- Placement of Speech Tags
- Grammar and Spelling
- Grammar Slammer!
- American vs. British Grammar
- Grammar Girl
- Punctuating Dialogue
- How to Use the Semicolon
- Introduction to the Basic Rules of Punctuation
- Comma 101
- All About Dialouge
- 11 Grammar Tips
- Comma Usage
- Correct Use of Apostrophe
- Transition Words
- 40+ Tips to Improve your Grammar and Punctuation
- Better Writing: Grammar & Spelling
- Semicolons and Colons
- Underlining and Italicizing
- Dashes and Parentheses
- The Ellipsis
- List of 1000+ Adjectives
- painting tutorial
- colour palette (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- drawing clothe folding
- avoiding drawing the same face
- draw ice
- anatomy help
- free drawing program (1) (2)
- sai brushes (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)
- draw hair
- drawing ref
- dont know what to draw?
- draw 3D room tut
- drawing eyes
- lip tutorial
- how to draw jeans
- how to draw arms
- expression tutorial
- drawing hair and fur
- drawing cats
- pose reference blog [its actually a blog full of references i-]
- download photoshop
- paint blood
- color blender
- draw hands
- hands 2
- photoshop help (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
- remove backgrounds from images online
- brush setting ref (SAI)
- kissing ref
- how to draw curls
- realistic woman body ref
- draw knees
- draw feet
- shadow help
- male body
- lips ref
- contouring and highlighting
- draw wings
- change images using blur (PS)
- hat ref
- glowing stuff
- pastel colors
- draw grass
- eyeliner ref
- Painting tutorial
- Female/male arms
- Kneeling + Sitting ref
- Dragon head view tutorial
- SAI brushes 86786
- Drawing expressions
- Sai Brushes 1
- NGE colour palette 1
- 100+ colour palletes
- Avoiding same face
- Face contours/highlighting
- free art MyPaint
- Body anatomy help 1
- How to shift images using blur in PS
- Drawing clothe folding
- How to draw ice
- Colour palette 1
- Colour palette 2
- SAI brush settings 2
- SAI/PS pixel brushes
- Warm/Cool gray
- Flower crown tutorial
- Skin colour palette
- Pink colour sheet
- How to draw butts&thighs
- The male torso
- Drawing glowing stuff in SAI
- Drawing horse/animal legs on humans
- Drawing clouds
- Muscular male with bow stock photos
- Pastel colours
- Drawing grass fields in SAI
- All about the human body
- 20+ colour palettes
- Colour conversion
- Kissing ref
- Creature design
- Colour meanings
- Creating expression
- Tutorial masterpost (100+)
- How to colour
- Pose studies
- Feline comparisons
- How to draw penis
- Leaf pressing
- 100+ anatomy references
- How to draw folds
- SAI brushes 3
- Sitting poses
- Colour palette 4
- Cloud painting
- How to draw 3D rooms
- Colour info
- Colouring ref
- Hair tutorial
- Clothing ref
- Bodies and poses
- SAI brushes 5
- Colour scheme designer
- Folding ref
- Paint tool SAI masterpost
- Drawing ref masterpost (10+)
- How to draw faces
- SAI brushes 4
- Anatomy of mutant humans
- What should I draw?
- Free art software
- pastel colour ref
- Mass art ref
- Soft SAI brushes
- ways to draw stuff
- SAI brush settings
- baseball cap ref
- Penis ref
- Drawing human wings
- Cool free art software
- Huge art ref
- Colour blender
- 2 SAI brushes
- Photoshop for free
- how to apply blush
- how to draw eyebrows
- ombre eyeliner
- lipstick trick
- the kitty eye ^.^
- nude lips
- smokey eye make up
- what you need to know about beauty
- 5 of the best foundations
- best powder foundations
- quick foundation tip
- how to apply liquid foundation
- breaking it down
- makeup highlights tutorial
- blush for your skin tone
- how to apply bronzer
- how to contour your face
- apply blush like a pro
- blush according to your face shape
- d.i.y. gel liner
- get the perfect winged liner
- get winged liner using tape
- awesome eyeliner tricks
- 9 different eyeliner looks
- different eyeliner styles
- guide to applying eyeshadow
- suit your eyeshadow to your eyes
- glittery smoky eye
- get the perfect smoky eye
- a shade for every occasion
- kool-aid lip stain
- best lipsticks for blondes
- hot red lips
- how to get gradient lips
- lipstick shades for fall
- how to make any lipstick look matte
- get soft kissable lips
- long lasting makeup tricks
- victoria’s secret model tips
- saving face
- beginner’s guide
- when will it expire?
- 10 makeup tips from mac
- best tips from professionals
- 18 beauty essentials
- basics you should own
- make-up brush tutorial
- brush tricks
- clean your makeup brushes
- make-up brush guide
- make up hacks
- easy make up tips
- the runaway to gorgeous skin
- winter dryness
- acne foundation routine
- wash your face correctly
- how to wash your face 101
- messy bun tutorial
- different ways to braid
- three-braid updo
- waterfall braid
- how to fishtail
- romantic curls
- braid + bun updo
- how to do pastel hair
- 8 ways to wear a bow
- 4-strand braid
- braided bun
- braided headband
- dutch braid crown
- pin curls!
- how to contour
- everyday makeup routine
- lipstick using crayons
- eyeliner ref wow
- filling in eyebrows
- banana facial mask (moisturizes)
- strawberry facial mask (acne prone skin)
- avocado facial mask (dry skin)
- yogurt facial mask (sensitive skin)
- list of oils to add to your face masks
- already made masterpost :*
- sleep calculator
- survive nature
- tumblr music
- calming rain
- need a hug?
- like the sound of a coffee shop?
- can’t remember the name of a song?
- the thoughts room
- how to love yourself
- upload anything from your iPhone etc. to your laptop
- learn another language
- make HUGE unpoppable bubbles
- play some piano
- draw a stick man and watch the story!
- thousands of stars (you can zoom in/out and learn about them)
- check if a username is taken (any site! twitter/tumblr, etc)
- draws stuff as you move your curser
- tell your thoughts to no one
- play with cob web
- make music with balloons
- learn to play the guitar
- learn to build a ship in a bottle
- learn origami
- learn some yoyo tricks
- make your own stuffed animals
- how to decorate iphone cases
- make a candle
- important things you should remember
- how to kill your anxiety
- how to help someone with their anxiety
- look for literally any book you want (free)
- waterproof your shoes
- know what your emotion is
- how to love yourself
- ultimate writers resources masterpost
- learn how to make punk edits without photoshop
- dont know what to read?
- learn a new habit
- how to answer the top 35 asked questions when applying for a job
- want to draw?
- The quiet place